To our valued patients:
We sincerely hope this letter finds you and your family well during this trying time for our nation. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
We appreciate the patience all of you have had during this time that we have been trying to flatten the curve. We have been working hard and will continue to work hard to get our office back up and running. As you may have heard in the news, dental practices are able to resume elective care as long as they have enough personal protective equipment (PPE) on hand. We are exhausting all avenues possible in order to secure the necessary PPE we need to resume our normal care. We are also implementing some new protocols in our office to keep all of us safe during this unprecedented situation. We are keeping ourselves flexible during this time and as soon as we are confident in all of our changes we will be opening up to routine dental care. We are doing our best to keep track of everyone that needs appointments and will be in touch with everyone as soon as we can to schedule or reschedule appointments. If you don’t hear from us over the next few weeks and are due for some treatment please contact our office at 641-342-6541.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Iowa Dental Board (IDB), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Due to the new recommendations, you will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. We will also be taking your temperature.
- We ask that you wear a face mask to your appointment and use hand sanitizer once you enter the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Your appointment will be managed to allow for as much social distancing as possible between patients. This may mean that fewer options for appointments will be available for the foreseeable future. Please be patient with us as we have many appointments to reschedule.
- We want to minimize patient wait times in the reception area as well as reduce the number of people in the reception area at all times. Therefore, we will be asking all patients to wait in the car and call when they arrive or if you can’t call, come to the door or window and knock/wave to let us know you have arrived.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 641-342-6541 or visit our website at www.kerrfamilydental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Kerr Family Dental